MRS OJO

So i am here sitting on my #wc and drifting in thoughts, i got to a point and #smiled then i thought to #type.
I remembered when i went inviting folks for my #wedding and not 1, not 2 or even 5 people said the same thing...

"So what surname will you be bearing now" i answered #Ojo .
"Ha! Ojo!... not Williams, not Brown or Davids... 🤣🤣🤣. I would laugh and say No, it is Ojo.
I honestly never ever saw it as issue... so when more than 1 person said it, i realized maybe these things could really be a source of bother for some people o...
Even my husband when we were preparing for marriage asked if i was going to take up Ojo cos they had other surnames i could use, i said i wanted Ojo.... like really what is in the #surname you are changing to? I found that some people even go ahead to take up their husbands first name... (but do all these things really matter)
If you like answer Diamond Golden, if you don't put effort on your life to shine, trust me, it won't Golden anything....
As i type now, i remember when i was a teenager, i had this urge to do shakara too because of all the fine names i heard in #nollywood, so on my 2nd movie, i told the production team i was Gina Godwin (Godwin being my Dad's first name) .... anyway that whole episode didn't last because EHIKODI was too cool for me to be running around with GODWIN.
Ok, so what am i trying to say from the comfort of my #toilet... your name does not define you or limit you. You can make one #obscure #ancient or #unheard of name #global and #honorable that everyone would want to associate with it. For example... ki lo nje #zuckerberg ? Gini bu Zuckerberg? What is Zuckerberg?... ooh oh, if you can read all these jargon i am writing, you definetely know who Zuckerberg is😉
Also, for all the ladies who will be marrying this weekend or in the future, it is not about the surname you are changing to... it is about the #content of that partner you found.
Take the #name and make it #great!!!

Comments