POST-NATAL PEPPERSOUP

 This is one tradition women from my home town do not joke with. The hot #omugwo peppersoup.
It is prepared with every ingredient #dry and is taken with the believe that it helps the #newmum heal fast from the inside.

Anyway, i didn't do any research on it, sha when it was my turn to give birth, knowing that i wasn't going to be home for the women in my clan to make me "omugwo peppersoup", i took all ingredients along with me and made enough for myself so as to benefit from whatever reason it has become a #culture .
We have a new baby in the famillyyyy 🤗🤗🤗🤗. So one of my senior wives in our family circle just gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and i thought to take her the omugwo peppersoup as taught to me by the "#women in my #clan.
For 1 and half litre, you will need.

INGREDIENTS
2 Dry Fish
Dry Pepper (as hot as you can handle)
Salt (to taste)
2 Uda pods
Orioma seeds (approx seeds from 1 pod)
Crayfish

Add blended dry Pepper, orioma and crayfish in a pot of boiling water. Open up the Uda and remove the seeds, throw the pods into the pot. Add the dry fish and season to taste. Cover, reduce heat and allow to simmer and steep gently for about 10 minutes and serve hot.
This is wishing all new mums, Happy Omuguo 😘😘😘😘.
Please share Omugwo recipes from your clan 😊.

Comments