APPLE CAKE

Last week i got some apples cos i wanted to make #smoothie for my #bobos. I cut up a lot of the apples but just as i was about to start blending, power went off.
As we don't use the inverter to blend for so long, i just made like 2 cups of smoothie and was

left wit lots of cut up apples. I stored them in the fridge but somehow, i really dont likemaking smoothies out of fruits that has been cut open and not used immediately.
This afternoon, i opened my fridge and saw them, my mind skipped 😮 as close to N500 #apple is about to waste.
So i got:
2 cups Self raising flour
1 cooking spoon oil
2 eggs
3 table spoons brown sugar
1 table spoon vanilla
1 can @peak_milk
1 tea spoon soda bicarbonate
My cut up apple already oxidized 😂.
Whisk egg and oil till creamy.
Add every other ingredient, use a food processor or grate or dice apples, then add to the #batter


lighten up with milk and mix thoroughly.
Pour into a cake pan and bake on medium low heat for 1 hour.
This is one of the fluffiest, easy to make cakes you can imagine and the refined sugar content is low as you get most of the #sweet #taste from the apples. You can also omit refined sugar totally and make with just the apples.
My #sons are into this #cake already and i am jejely enjoying it too. This is #gourmet at its best... 😋 #yum.
.
For more on my recipes visit www.youtube.com/ginaehikodi (link on my bio and story). www.foodiesandspice.blogspot.com IG: @geenafoodiesandspice

Comments

  1. This looks really yummy. Can you use fresh Apple instead? And how any will do for a medium sized cake?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval