Happy New Month Foodaholics!!!

So i went shopping last Saturday to stock up the house. While at it, i came across this Lady selling snails
These small snails in my Language either called Egile or Okokor brought back sweet memories of my Grandm's kitchen.

Whenever it rains especially at night, these shelled beauties adorn the backyard walls almost making it look like a work of art.
We would pick them off the walls and throw them into my Grandma's fireplace, preferably the hot ashes or coal cos direct fire from the firewood will burn off the snail.
Roasting these snails then was super fun, i cant forget the signature foaming of the snail when they get heated up ( There is actually a popular adage coined from that act of foaming....)
Anyway, i got me some of these small snails last Saturday. Washed, Cleaned and resting in my freezer, I am thinking a recipe that will celebrate my Grandma's kitchen to make with it.
Foodaholics, what do you call these small snails in your dialect?
@geenamoore #Iyaibeji

Comments

  1. In my place we call the small snails kpikpikolo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval