Grilled Prawns and Fruity Salsa







GRILLED PRAWNS AND SHRIMPS CERVICHE



INGREDIENTS

·         PRAWNS
·         SHRIMPS
·         SEASONING CUBES


SEA FOOD LOVE FROM BORDEAUX
Bordeaux is a very beautiful city in the South western part of France by the Garone River and the sea; hence they have got a lot of Fish and sea food. 

Monsieur Jean Pierre Xiradakis of the Famous LA TUPINA took me to LE PETITE COMMERCE, a lovely Sea food restaurant owned by the Charismatic Monsieur Fabian. Fabian has been operating this Sea Food restaurant for close to 10 years and its quite successful, he has got like 3 restaurant outlets side by side on same street and he sure has a large number of customers.



             
Monsieur Fabian was happy to meet me and he went ahead to show me all I would like to see in this buzzing Restaurant. First he took me to the corner where he displays the Sea food, Fishes, Large crabs and Oysters. YES! Oysters!, it was one thing I penciled down while I was preparing for my French Fusion trip in Nigeria. It had always amazed me how people get to eat Oysters Raw. So I had promised my adventurous taste bud some raw oysters, I truly did not know what to expect.


So this is the perfect time to taste Oysters, Fabian opened up an Oyster for me and I chewed and swallowed…. What it tastes like?… well Nothing I have tasted before but salty and I can place it between eating raw snails with no slime and softer. I was initially scared that it may be as slimy as snails but No, it wasn’t ….. One try is enough though; henceforth I eat only cooked oysters. THANK YOU!

Oysters and most Sea foods are naturally high in many essential minerals including Protein, iron, Omega 3 fatty acids, calcium and Vitamins. Oysters are full of omega 3 fatty acids which are good for our skin, sight, brain, heart and help to lower cholesterol. No wonder the French do not mind eating them raw (who wouldn’t love to gulp in all these goodness without losing any to cooking steam).

We went to the Kitchen Area where I met very Happy Chefs; maybe Sea food makes both the Chef and Customer happy. They showed me some amazing recipes and Chef Benga made me some Fish Fillet. It was yum. The taste of Fresh Fish directly from the Sea or river and straight into cooking is divine. I loved it.

It was a very simple Fish Fillet recipe, he simply seasoned with salt and black pepper and cooked on a broil for an equivalent of 10 to 15 mins on both sides, drizzling olive oil as he cooked. Served on a platter of inedible sea weed (that was just for the swag), mashed potatoes on the side and grilled cauliflower for more swag. It was really pretty.
 

Now it was time to see how the Crabs, shrimps and Prawns are prepared. Chef Mohammed cooks them in a very large pot with peppers, aromatics and spices. He serves them really beautifully, like with lots of swag and with a dipping sauce of good old mayo.

I would like to share the good news about Prawns to all my weight watchers, this is one food you should embrace, they not only taste so good but are healthy and help you lose weight because they are packed full with proteins but low on fats and calories, they are high in good cholesterol and bring down the bad ones (don’t know how they do that but research says so). Now, the ones all my aspiring beautiful ladies will like. Prawns are rich in selenium (I hear that stuff is good for your skin and also prevents the growth of Cancer cells). Did I hear “MORE PRAWNS PLEASE!!!”


Fabian has this restaurant completely figured out, no wonder its always packed full, working hours or not and am sure he makes lotta “Beaucoup L”argent”  here too. Lol… well I got inspired by those Prawns so check out my Grilled Shrimps and Prawns Recipe…

GRILLED PRAWNS AND SHRIMPS CERVICHE

INGREDIENTS

·         PRAWNS
·         SHRIMPS
·         SEASONING CUBES
·         CORIANDER LEAVES
·         GARLIC
·         LETTUCE
·         SPRING ONION
·         SALT
·         VEGETABLE OIL
·         APPLES
·         ORANGE
·         LEMON
·         RED PEPPER (optional)
·         GRAPE VINEGAR
·         BLACK PEPPER
·         PAPRIKA PEPPER
·         ROSEMARY LEAVES
·         CURRY

PREPERATION

Put the Prawns/Shrimps in a bowl, add salt, Black pepper, Paprika, Seasoning cubes , Lemon juice extract, One clove of Garlic (minced), Rosemary leaves and little curry, allow to marinade for 15-20mins.

Brush a grill pan with vegetable oil and allow to heat, Add the marinated Prawns and grill both sides, Its cooked when its pink or Orange all over. watch video here.




Peel and open the Orange, cut the Apple and remove the seeds. Remove the seeds from the scotch Bonnet also. Add one clove of Garlic and quarter Onion then process in the food processor.



Add 2 table spoons of fresh lemon juice and a tea spoon of Grape Vinegar. Mix then combine with your Shrimps and Prawns, garnish with spring onions and coriander leaves. Don’t forget to Share.







Comments

  1. Looks nice, your show is very entertaining, my children love you so much. God bless you

    Rukky from Ilorin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Geena, can I find oysters in Nigeria?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice meal geena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just watched this on Vox and am loving it. Thanks Geena.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval