RATATOUILE RECIPE



RATATOUILLE

INGREDIENTS

·         RED PEPPER                                         
·         SWEET YELLOW PEPPER
·         TOMATOES
·         ONIONS



CINEMA FOOD FEAST AT LE TORNE/ RATATOUILE RECIPE

Outskirt of Bordeaux is the little Village of Le Torne. I have decided to visit My dear Cameraman Roland and his wife Maryse. Quite a serene neighborhood, Maryse and Roland keep a very organic Garden and also eat very organic.

After exploring their little Garden, adoring the flowers, herbs and spices, checking out their compost pit, the Beautifully shaped pumpkins and saying hello to the Spirit of the Garden (well, it happens to be a tree with carved out facial features and hands with gloves, I found it kinda funny and spooky though), then it was time to cook with Maryse.

Maryse lives a very healthy lifestyle worthy of emulation. However, today she is cooking a meal for a gathering comprising of some of their friends and neighbours in the village. They will all be gathering at the boat house to see a couple of movies, I suppose for recreational purposes. Another amazing thing about this cinema gathering is that everyone is bringing food.


Armed with our own basket of Rice, Stuffed baked Vegetables (Courgette, Peppers and Aubergine) and figs earlier picked at Maryse’s garden, I walked into the Boat House, straight to the kitchen to drop our Basket, Sampled other meals on the table then had a chat with Saeed who was preparing his own meal for the Cinema.

Movie is on but I kept wondering why I am outside in this cold watching a Black and white Movie, with people having lot of water issues. I honestly didn’t get it and I was wishing they informed me earlier, would have brought them some Nollywood movies. Maryse understood I was a bit bored then she explained to me the purposes for the gathering, she stated that the major purpose of their gathering is to appreciate Humanity, their environment and the blessings of water they have got all around them. (Ok! it made more sense to me now)

So after we all had food, we settled in to watch the next movie and with a very open heart I appreciated this Black and White movie called THE NAKED ISLAND by KANETO SHINDO, (Ermmm, I can be a bit emotional so I cleaned my inside and flushed it out via my tear ducts).


It was quite an experience for me, I enjoyed it and I absolutely enjoyed sampling the food and meeting new acquaintances. Maryse’s Meal inspired me because the Vegies she served are the same ones that make up the ADORABLE French Ratatouille that even a Disney Rat found fame cooking it. Check out my Nigerian Styled Ratatouille.




RATATOUILLE

INGREDIENTS

·         RED PEPPER                                         
·         SWEET YELLOW PEPPER
·         TOMATOES
·         ONIONS
·         GARLIC
·         GARDEN EGG
·         COURGETTE
·         SCENT LEAVE
·         MEAT STOCK
·         ORORO(VEGETABLE OIL)
·         CURRY
·         SALT
·         PAPARIKA PEPPER
·         OREGANO
·         ROSEMARY LEAVES
·         BLACK PEPPER
·         SEASONING


PREPERATION


Make a little cross cut on tomatoes and dunk into boiling water, remove in 2 to 3 mins.
Allow to cool then peel the skin ( skin would have burst open from cut and it’s easy to peel).
Slice Pepper, Courgette, Aubergine (cut them into sizeable chunks not thingly diced) and mince Garlic.

Add 2-3 table spoons of oil into a pan, add the Garlic and Aubergine, allow to caramelize a bit on the sides then remove from pan.

Add another 2-3 table spoons of oil into the pan, allow to heat then add the Garlic, Fresh Peppers (scotch bonnet) and Onion, sauté for a few minutes. Then add the Sweet Yellow Peppers, Sweet Red Peppers, Aubergine and Tomatoes.


Comments

  1. Lovelllyy pictures,, will try the recipe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval