Potato Puree and Beef Sauce



POTATOES PUREE WITH BEEF SAUCE
 
INGREDIENT
 
·         POTATOES
·         SALT
·         CHERRY TOMATOES

WOULD YOU EAT THIS POTATO PUREE OR FRAME IT?
 
L’Fabrique, I have been here a day before with Chef Jean Pierre, he introduced me to Chef Manu, one of the most creative Chefs I have ever met. The evening we met he had made me a platter of so many things nice, so I knew it will be fun recording with him today.
 
Chef Manu runs a Bakery and a take-out restaurant, he has got quite a number of Customers especially at the Bakery, hence he produces 1000 Baguettes in a day and on Saturday it goes up to 1200, and for this special bread he makes, he sells 2500kg.
 
And just like most businesses I saw in France, Emmanuel is preparing his son for a takeover as he already man’s the bakery competently. Emmanuel takes me round his facility, I met Stephanie his pastry chef who had made a whole lot of yummy looking tarts and pies for the day, and I sure won’t forget the handsome intern who was working on some boiled potatoes, I gave him a hand with that potato, mostly because the  mashing or puree device was novel to me and I needed to try it. It was so cool, makes pureeing fun.
 
Now, Chef Manu showed me some serious Food swag in terms of plating. The first time I met him he wowed me and here we go again with this Potato Puree he is serving with Veau Etragon (Calf and Tarragon Sauce). Chef Manu made this plating so beautiful that all I wanted to do was to frame the pictures I took of it and not eat it. Well I did both, cos am on this adventure for the eating. Check out the recipe for this beauty. Sauce tweaked with ingredients I found around.
 
POTATOES PUREE WITH BEEF SAUCE
 
INGREDIENT
 
·         POTATOES
·         SALT
·         CHERRY TOMATOES
·         OLIVES
·         SPRING ONION
·         GREEN PEPPER
·         RED PEPPER
·         CARROT
·         ONION
·         SEASONING CUBES
·         VEGETABLE OIL
·         GARLIC
·         MINT
·         BEEF
·         WHITE WINE
·         COOKING MILK
·         BLACK PEPPER
·         OREGANO
·         ROSEMARY LEAVES
·         PAPARIKA PEPPER
·         CORN STARCH


PREPERATION

Peel and Boil Potatoes with a little salt till tender. Strain water out of the potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add Cooking milk into the pot off mashed potatoes and at least 50g of butter, mash until you get your desired consistency (you will love it really creamy so have your cooking cream or milk handy).
 
TO MAKE SAUCE:

Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a heated pan. Season meat with salt and black pepper, place in the pan and let it cook on both sides till edges are golden like 5 minutes, then remove from pan.
Add 1 table spoon of Vegetable oil into the pan and press in 2 cloves of Garlic, add the diced onion and allow saute. Add Red pepper, Spring onion, Green pepper and sauté for 2mins then add a pinch of Oregano, a pinch of Rosemary leaves, quarter cup of white wine.
 
When the white wine reduces add water if you feel you need more liquid, season with 2 seasoning cubes, salt, Black Pepper, curry and Paparika pepper.
Add the Beef and leave it to cook for 5 minutes.
Add Chopped spring onions, 2 table spoons of diced mint leaves and carrots into the sauce to garnish. To thicken sauce, mix 2 to 3 teaspoons of cornstarch with water and add to the sauce. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes and serve with the Potato Puree.


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval