#FRENCH FUSION COW TRIPE SAUTÉED IN ONIONS AT LA TUPINA



COW TRIPE  SAUTÉED IN ONIONS
 
Ingredients

1kg of tripe (Cow Intestine, popularly known as Shaki and Round-about)
2 tablespoons of Vegetable oil or Duck fat
4 sliced ​​onions

#FRENCH FUSION COW TRIPE SAUTÉED IN ONIONS AT LA TUPINA
 
After a very beautiful and well spent time at the recreational cook class, we had to go see the super star Chef Jean Pierre Xiradakis at the Famous La’Tupina. Along the line we had rescheduled our meeting to mid afternoon so we were still on schedule after the cook class.
When I checked out his profile online, I knew this trip will not be complete if I don’t get to see him, so as Roland drove across the streets of Bordeaux to his office, I had excitement written all over me.Casting my heart back on how tough it was to fix this appointment, I could remember reading the Faces of both Roland and Marie- Christine when we were fixing the appointment, it totally spelt that we were actually meeting a Super-star.
 
Having ran a cook show for over 10years in France and owning a restaurant quoted in the list of World’s 50 best restaurant, I had a little thump in my stomach….”I really could not imagine how this meeting will go? Would he like me? Would he like me not? Will he answer all my food question or would he just act the “celeb” … Well one thing I know never fails me is my smile, “my little life secret (but now you know), I knew if I unleashed my smile, he will spare me 5 more minutes plus the intended minutes he may have planned to listen to me.
 
We walked into this very “VINTAGE(if I may call it that) restaurant, I couldn’t take my eyes of the fire place as a hanging duck dripped its fat into a pan, it was just a beautiful sight and I immediately remembered all the European fire places I have seen in my Lady bird book pictures (…you remember that place Cinderella and co spend their day especially when there is a wicked Step-mother involved?).
 
 He finally stepped out, and while I was planning to unleash my smile weapon, what I hear is “MAGNIFICIENTE”, with an outstretched arm for a handshake and smile. I stretched out my hands and gave that smile but not as much as I planned, now I was blushing a bit on my dark skin because with the further French Jean Pierre spoke and the traditional French kisses, I knew he was not only impressed but filled with admiration. I began to imagine what happened? He must be a very nice man or those Angels (remember them?) arrived here before I came and silently I said ….thank you God as he ushered us to his office.
 
Without much ado, he booked us to film the next day, took photos with me, signed up as my location/Production assistant for #Frenchfusion (he knew everyone and everywhere I should see and he took it upon himself to see this production work), he got me more Chef and Restaurant Contacts (I could see my first #Frenchfusion season almost complete), joked all day long, we took a long walk seeing other Chefs and finally we settled back at La Tupina for a well deserved private dinner in his cellar.
 
On the Dinner Table also sat his Friend and partner Jonathan Ducourt and their Friend and Chinese Music Star Miss Lilly Juan who is one of the winners of “The Voice” China. Quite a chatty and friendly fellow, she sure made the dinner table very interesting. And on our menu, we had a lot but I will share this simple La Tupina’s Tripe recipe I tweaked a bit.


COW TRIPE  SAUTÉED IN ONIONS
 
Ingredients
 
1kg of tripe (Cow Intestine, popularly known as Shaki and Round-about)
2 tablespoons of Vegetable oil or Duck fat
4 sliced ​​onions
1 small bunch of Parsley or Basil
Salt and freshly ground pepper (I like Scotch Bonnet ( Red Fresh Pepper) with this)
Seasoning
 





Preparation

In a saucepan, season and boil tripe till tender then drain.
In a pan, fry the onions in oil (Jean Pierre uses duck fat) till its caramelized a bit. Add the tripe and cook until everything has a nice color
Season and sprinkle the chopped parsley/basil

Serve hot

Comments

  1. Nice, quite easy, I will try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sounds like peppered shaki, will try it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval