#Frenchfusion L’ATELIER DES CHEFS/YAM AND GARDEN EGG SAUCE


YAM AND GARDEN EGG

RECIPIES INGREDIENT

·         GARDEN EGG
·         SPRING ONION
·         CRAYFISH

#Frenchfusion L’ATELIER DES CHEFS/ YAM AND GARDEN EGG SAUCE

Roland said he had contacted a cook school l’Atelier des chefs and they are happy to have me in their classes by 2pm, so we hurriedly left the hospital area so we can make the classes by 2pm. Roland drove carefully around the streets of Bordeaux always conscious of the Traffic Lights, after searching for a convenient space to park at last we located a good parking space close enough to the Class.
 
I didn’t know what to expect as I have never been in any cook class before but I liked the sound of a 2 hours recreational cook class and I knew it would be fun. I walked into the “what looked like a kitchen utensil and equipment shop” the kind of shops I fancy most these days, I totally feel “at shop” with them, everything I saw in there caught my fancy and save for the balance on my Mastercard and the issues of carrying more luggage, I sure would have loved to pick everything… (but I picked a pastry brush because its light weight and I have been needing a good quality one).
Monseiur Louis Valour one of the managers welcomed me and he introduced me to my tutor for the day, Chef Emanuelle Gombert, she promised me it was going to be fun and it was going to be a class of 6.
I joined 5 others, Sylvia and William, Mark and Mr & Mrs Dovorgne in this very spacious kitchen and we all worked on Aubergine, Tarts and Sauces. I loved the part where we had to go to the table and taste our tarts. It was a well utilized 2 hours.
Exhausted yes! But I just couldn’t take my mind off L’atelier des Chefs Aubergine recipe, strange that we had to eat it on a pie because customarily in Nigeria it’s for Yam and its likes. I got inspired by some techniques and I imagined exactly how I will tweak and fuse it.


YAM AND GARDEN EGG


RECIPIES INGREDIENT

·         GARDEN EGG
·         SPRING ONION
·         CRAYFISH
·         YELLOW PEPPER
·         SEASONING CUBES
·         SALT
·         ORORO(VEGITABLE OIL)
·         LEMON
·         CURRY
·         SMOKED FISH
·         YAM



PREPEARATION

Peel, cut into desired size and boil the yam with salt or sugar or both. Drain water from yam as soon as it is done.

Peel the skin off the Garden egg (you can use Aubergine or Garden Eggs).

Cut the garden egg into tiny bits and chop the onion. Add one cooking spoon of Vegetable oil into a pot, allow to heat then add a pinch of salt, chopped onion and allow it to sauté.

Add the Garden egg and allow to soften, you can mash with a potatoes masher for a smother constituency after it has softened.

Wash the crayfish, pepper and a bulb of onion then blend, pour the blended ingredients into pot and let it cook for 5 minutes. Squeeze the lemon juice from the lemon and pour into the pot.
Taste and season as desired with curry, salt and seasoning cubes.

Add the smoked fish, spring onion and stir. Allow to cook for 3minutes  then Serve as desired (don’t forget to cut fantastic shapes with your cookie cutter and garnish with anything ediblly beautiful.. I suggest tomatoes and spring onions)

Goodluck and don’t forget to send me your pretty pictures when you make this And pleeaasssee drop a comment. Thanks

Comments

  1. How did u get this shape of yam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, i used cookie cutter, you can get it at a cooking utensils shop

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval