#Frenchfusion Adventures: Night with Thoughts too many


NIGHT WITH THOUGHTS TOO MANY

Marie had laid the bed like a little princess was going to lie on it, the pinkish Blankets and the embroideries blew my mind, the walls were adorned with framed history, Family pictures of memorable
times from Grand Parents to Grand children, it was evident that in her younger days, Marie Christine was a super duper stunner, she looked so beautiful. As i stepped into this room, i loved it already.

Oh the Table, Chair, PC with the internet service! Isn’t this woman lovely? She got everything ready for me in this room. With this I can reply my mails, send my articles and recipes for upload, stay in touch with the office and they probably may not miss me at all because we will be in constant communication.
First we sent a mail to Jean-Pierre’s office introducing me and asking for an interview. Mail sent, we hoped for a favorable response. It was time for Roland to leave, he has been an Angel today, he looks very eager to help and was looking forward to the next day, we kissed the traditional good bye and I jumped into the bath.
After resting for some hours and sending mails, Marie Christine calls, its dinner time.  Foooooddd!! I rushed down stairs but she set the table already, I told her I wanted to help but she won’t let me. It’s not normal for an older person to cook and serve me, I found it really uncomfortable but I believed as the days go by we will get used to each other and I will be allowed to help out in the kitchen, I settled in for this dinner of Salmon and baguette and of course our dear cheese and grapes was on the table, crème Brule comes out of the fridge as desert. I helped with clearing the table, folding the napkins and she arranged the dishes in the dish washer. We hugged and kissed good night, it was time to rest.

It was a chilly night but I was prepared for the chill, seriously tucked into my cardigan, bed sheets and blankets not forgetting the socks on my feet, I was warm enough to sleep but excitement will not allow me. I kept going through my thoughts and all I want to do in the morning, it was one night with thoughts too many.

Comments

  1. Okay, Geena when do we get to the recipe part? You de try gan- Ngozi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval