#FrenchFusion Adventures Enter PEACHES!!!


Finally its morning, I stayed up in bed, didn’t want to start moving around the house so I don’t disturb, just in case Marie Christine was still
sleeping. Suddenly, she knocks, Bonjour Gina, avez-vous bien dormi, and I answered, Oui Madame, I slept well. Then she went on to tell me I need to prepare early, take a shower and come down for breakfast. She asked if I will rather Tea or coffee. I chose Tea. She went down stairs while I got myself into the shower.

Breakfast: Tea, Baguette and cheese with fresh grapes and a new entrant in my life food adventures PEACHES!! Peaches don’t grow in Nigeria, I have seen them in Nigeria once at a departmental shop but somehow I didn’t buy it that day and now, right in front of me was a bowl of fresh peaches, I knew I was going to have a Peach party, all I need do is eat one now, go out for my adventures then come back to fill my stomach with them.

Roland has arrived and it’s time to set out, we go through our itinerary again and then Marie steps outside to pick the Morning Papers Sud-Ouest, Alas! On the front covers was Jean-Pierre Xiradakis our celebrity Chef. We remembered the mail we sent, we have to check for a reply. Yes there was a reply and a number to call, Marie did the calling and we could come in for a meeting by 2pm said the person on the other side of the line. Fantastic she and Roland looked surprised. I tried to enquire why that much surprise and I was made to understand that it was a feat for us to have been booked for this meeting with such short notice. Good, it’s clear to me that Angels been working already.


Roland and I drove down the streets of Bordeaux to a place he said we could find amazing street Kitchens. It is the area where the Hospitalier Pellegrin is located. We found a parking space after driving round and round for a while (Roland told me the parking rules are strictly adhered to else I may spend a part of my production money getting the car out of the tow garage), after we were well parked, I picked my camera and my writing pad and off we go.

TO BE CONTINUED....

Comments