#Frenchfusion Adventures: Taking the Ride

Train Boarding at Gate 4, I jumped in but no one told me I had to look for coach 19, I have been waiting too long already I just want to go in from the nearest coach. I thought I have seen stress that day right? Here begins my predicament.

Finding my way from coach 1 to 19 with those my Heaven sent luggage’s was no joke, navigating through the tight aisle by the time I got to 19 I was exhausted and two female angels came to the rescue, one helped me find my sit and the other took my bags and tucked them into the baggage corner. I was exhausted, I sunk into my sit, noticed the guy sharing a sit with me, he smiled but I doubt I smiled back, I was sweating in Europe for the first time, I thought of a shower, I thought of Food and I thought of bed while that Train railed along.

A tap woke me up. Your ticket please asked this man in uniform, I reached for my purse and I gave it to him, he gave it back to me after doing whatever he did with it. I had rested a bit, as we raced through the tracks I could picture sceneries different from the ever bustling Paris, it’s going to be my first time in Bordeaux. Just as I have planned to enjoy the food, also on my list, I am going to try out raw oysters, am going to walk through vineyards and I am most definitely going to harvest grapes.

Once, I was handed this Jehovah witness “AWAKE” (one of the publications in the world with very insightful research) and I read about wine making, so I was looking forward to experience the process. Then I tried to notice my partner. Hi, I said. He smiled and said Hi too, I noticed he was reading musical notes, then I continued… are you an artiste? He said yes, he is a composer and he is meeting up with his girlfriend who also is into classical music and they are having some kind of event somewhere. Good for them, I nodded my head and I smiled, he speaks English too so it was cool. We talked through the remaining part of the trip, I asked questions about the sceneries, the communities along the track and we also talked more about music, am not sure I asked his name but for the purpose of my memories, he is the classical music guy.

Next stop is Bordeaux he said, and in a few minutes everyone starts getting up, picking their luggage’s and bags and I did too, the train came to a slow and I thought it would soon stop. If am not mistaken, it railed for another 10 to 15 minutes or more and I totally didn’t understand why everyone got up picked their bags when it wasn’t time to stop!(I thought it was only in Naija we do the whole rush thing, Good its not only us!). it kept on and by the time it came to a final stop, I was wishing I didn’t stand up with them because that exhaustion returned, but this time with a dash of excitement.


To be continued....

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval