#Frenchfusion Adventures: Rastaman Taxi (2)

I hopped into Patrick the Rastaman’s cab and off we go to the train station and here comes the drive, he kept on driving and my mind was just on that meter (50-52 euro, nothing more o, ehen!...). I honestly did not enjoy the scenery because I got my mind on this meter, I don’t want anything to ruin my Bordeaux food adventures every Euro is going into food not cabs. As soon as the meter hit 55 euro, I burst! You told me it will cost me just 50 to 52 euro, its 55 and we aren’t there already, there is no Train station in sight, I hope you understood my English when I said a Train station to catch a train to Bordeaux?... and to my utmost surprise, Patrick said he did not understand my English… (omg, omg, I shoulda just taken a flight direct to Bordeaux. But I wanted a new experience).


But we have been communicating with his little “un peu English” how come he has suddenly refused to speak a single word of English now and he is telling me he doesn’t understand me? He said he knew what train station to take me to at the airport and he gave me a price? What is going on now? I took my eyes to the Meter again and this time I knew I had to dial my inner 911 and put on my “game face”… (My game face is usually very funny, my siblings can do it and it comes with the word “I don’t like it”)

70 euro!!!? I had a planned package for this trip with a good discount from Airfrance, I wouldn’t even have noticed the amount paid to fly from Bremen to Bordeaux but I opted out of that schedule because I want to cruise the streets like the locals and find something to write about. Right there and then I knew the first thing I want to do is put a call through to Nigeria and ask Mr. Martins to please reroute me via flight on my return. So, time to speak some “Good English” to Patrick. Patrick, I said, with my Game face. I have just 50 euro to give you, if you like, drive to the Eiffel tower and back, go round Paris and even branch Disney land I am giving you just the 50 euro we agreed because I am truly not liking this “merry go round” but its fine by me if that is how you wanna ride.

He saw my “No joking” face from his mirrors and in a few minutes we were in a Train station (so why did he say he didn’t know train a few minutes ago, I honestly may have confused him with my plenty questions and stressed the English understanding part of his brain out of him). Dear Patrick (who later told me he is from HAITI) helped me with my bags, took the 50euro and actually rolled my suitcases (oh my God… I think I have judged Patrick wrong, he is niceeee) I automatically felt very sorry for all the stress I guess I may have put him through but either way something just tells me if I didn’t raise an alarm, I would have paid more. But it’s all good it’s ending well, one more acquaintance in life doesn’t hurt.

Patrick asked someone at the station for a train to Bordeaux as I struggled to read all the train schedule on the electronic board. Then I passively heard their conversation, WE WERE IN A WRONG STATION. Okay!... so much, so early, in my “live like a local” adventures. Before I could even speak, Patrick apologizes and says he will take me to the right Train Station for free. (Thank God he didn’t just drop me off and leave; it would have been a mess) I kept my calm; Rastaman Patrick was ending up being very gentlemanly.

He drove me to the right station this time, I looked at his Meter, it read like 20 euro, he dropped me off, I guess he would have rolled the bag in for me this time but this station does not have a drop off zone, he has to go to a parking lot and probably pay (not sure). So he bade me farewell with the traditional French cheek kissing, I gladly came down, gave him a big thank you smile and rolled in my Burdensome Baggage’s (I truly love to travel light save for when am returning back to Naija, but I guess I have not planned this one properly, I just didn’t want to get distracted because I knew I would be writing a lot and recording as well, so there won’t be time for shopping… and that voice (not the still small voice) asked…Gina who send you message? Must you buy? Only candies would have been fine…. (And the still small voice answered before I did)… you have a lot of people you love and who love you in return, apart from that, you are just Good like-dat.


To be continued....

Comments

  1. All these things wey you carry, my own must dey inside fa

    ReplyDelete
  2. u can atleast try this recipe tooo
    http://chicken-soup-recipe.com/2015/03/13/caesar-chicken-pizza/

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://chicken-soup-recipe.com/2015/03/13/caesar-chicken-pizza/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval