We won!!! FOODIES AND SPICE IS BEST BRAND PROGRAM ON TV


I have been trying to write this my "Thank you" speech all weekend but still can’t come up with just how I feel. This feeling is overwhelming but I can start by saying THANK YOU. Thank you Foodaholics for helping us win this; you can’t imagine where our votes came from. From all of you Foodaholics all over the world, Nigeria to South Africa, United States of America to China and all over Europe. I am very grateful; I lack words to express how grateful I am.


Four Months ago when the Nominations of the 5th NIGERIAN BROADCASTERS MERIT AWARDS was released, I was elated to Find Foodies and Spice in a Category being just barely a year old. Everyone said hard work gained you the recognition, and I said No, Grace found me.


My Grandma (of blessed memory) did always pray this prayer for me, “when I call one, a multitude will answer” I saw it come true. It was time for the votes and since it was in a Viewer’s Choice Category,
I needed all the Votes to remain on the list and eventually win that Category. I called on all of you, you all answered me, you called your family, friends and Associates and you all went to work, you VOTED, You VOTED amidst all your personal schedules, you clicked and got others to click, and yes we won because you all got my back.












Some of you reached out to complain of the rigorous voting process and I asked for your prayers and good wishes instead and you all did wish us well. Thank you, Thank you, I can’t call all my Foodaholics by name, but I sincerely appreciate you all. Special Thanks goes to God Almighty for the gift of life and for showing me mercy to see dreams and wishes come true.


I wouldn’t fail to thank my Chief Campaign Manager, My Mum, who got everyone she meets to vote, you had to open an email or twitter account if you didn’t have one as soon as she meets you. Thanks to all my mentees at the Otega School Ibafo Ogun state, Students of Yaba College of Technology Lagos, Redeemers University Ede, UNILAG,  LAWSA (Alumni), MAMOC (Alumni), Nigerian Law School Kano (campaign headed by Gabrielle), Youth Alive (Winners Chapel),  Celebs and Hotties, my Friends, Associates, Neighbors, Agborians, Family and Friends all over the world, All my contacts on Whats App, Facebook, Twitter (Team coterie), Instagram, Blackberry Messenger (I kept bugging with broadcasts) and every single person who visits and clicked on the voting link via www.foodiesandspice.com. And to the management and Team wapTV, I say a big Thank you and well-done.


I truly do wish I could call each and every one of you by name, I appreciate you. However, I still need you o, its one thing to win and another to remain a WINNER, I need you like the word NEED, we have to get better, we have to get stronger, we have to keep supporting this brand Foodies and Spice and we have to be champions. I truly count on your support to achieve all of this.


In the words of my Grandma, just like I have called you and you answered me in multitudes, may you call one and a multitude will answer you in your time of needs.


On a lighter side…. Am thinking, are any of the political parties still selling forms for Presidency? We could just pick a form o with all you gingered people behind me…. LOL, anyway, Step by Step. Meanwhile, those of us in Nigeria, please remember to go pick up your permanent Voters card and vote WISELY come 2015, it’s important we VOTE WISELY.


Still basking in the excitement of this award, It’s yours Geenaly:

Geena

Comments

  1. Geena you are a darling, congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippeee! Congrats Foodies and Spices

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I reach u on Facebook I.e I want your Facebook address

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval