Foodaholics of the week


 Chigozie Maduagwuna from Matori Preparing: Egusi soup


Recipe: Egusi (blended melon), crayfish, dry pepper,onions,Beef, cow skin, fish,Cow intestine(towel), stockfish, red Oil, washed bitterleaf, seasoning cubes and salt.



Preparation: Wash, season and Parboil the beef, cowskin or any choice of protein you have,when it is cooked add the washed stockfish and cook for 5 minutes so the aroma comes out,then soak the blended mixture of egusi(melon),crayfish,dry pepper and Onion with water for few minutes,fry in hot red oil with sliced onion in it and when it is dry and has small scattered lumps,add the washed bitterleaf,allow to heat a little,add the meat stock,seasoning cubes and salt,cook for about 7 minutes so that the water dries off a bit to get that rich thick look. Serve hot with eba,fufu,pounded yam or semovita. Enjoy!!!!






Comments

  1. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melon soup with bitter leaf! Awesome!!! Well done girl your mama teach u well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a cook myself; I know some people prefer not to fry the melon...but from the look of this, the end absolutely justify the means. Very nice looking. Now, how do we get to taste it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made mine but cldnt snap cos my fon was dwn.
    www.makeupcubicle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This soup was something else. My system was rejuvenated by d sumptuous taste which I still feel on my taste buds. K, u missed. More of this dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is how I know melon soup is prepared, not with tomato and scent leaf, it is even far better than wen pumpkin is added.weldone

    ReplyDelete
  7. chi the chef!!!!! home made food! i remember ur delicious egusi, cotton seed and banga soups during uni days,abeg send me invite make i parachute down come enjoy wt u and EK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dn't cook mine dis way,will try dis to c d difference,looks yummy. welldone job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sumptuous as always, I had my share of this meal and I must confess that my life has not remained same. Babe, when next r we expecting this on our dinning table?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval