Recipe: Boiled Yam and Aubergine (Garden egg) Sauce

INGREDIENTS


Yam (Peeled and washed) Aubergine (Garden eggs)
Vegetable oil
Smoked Fish
Red Fresh Pepper (scotch Bonnet)


Onions
Crayfish
Seasoning cubes















PREPARATION

Boil Yam, season with salt, and set aside when it is cooked.
 
Boil Aubergine till its soft and mash in a mortar, food processor or any other alternative.
Blend Crayfish, Onions and Pepper  in a Blender.
Add Vegetable oil to your frying Pan, allow to heat. Add salt and pour in blended ingredients. Allow to fry for 5minutes, Stir then add mashed Aubergine. Season to taste with choice season (you know I love my curry and rosemary leaves) then stir to incorporate all ingredients. Garnish with the smoked fish and allow to cook for another 5-8mins. Voila! …. Enjoy with your boiled yam.





Good Luck! Read More

Comments

  1. I need to try this, its something i can do on my own. Correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct!... you will find it very easyyyyyyy.....

      Delete
  2. Do u peel d back of d garden egg or u mash all together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo!I ve to try dis on my own.Nice one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it o.... u will be happy u did. Big Hug

      Delete
  4. Hi Anon 04:10, No you don't have to peel the back. all you do is wash, boil and mash.... Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo dis is lovely even only looking at it u should knw its going to taste nice# omotayo#.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omotayo, sure it tastes nice and recipe is easy. Do try it and send me your Foodaholic selfie... mmuuaahhh

      Delete
  6. I will try dis ,I like it.so nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omotola Hepzibah4 April 2014 at 14:55

    This food is highly nutritious,one of my best dish..Thanks geena for the garnishing eith fish,never tried that,but when next I do cook it,I wld use the lesson learnt with the fish..keep up the good work.u re the best#omotola

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed d shw bt wit d step here I will try it luks so gud

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geena,geena,i try that em.... Fried yam n crayfish sause,gina u kwn beta tin oo,e swet wel well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will be visible after approval